jueves, 1 de julio de 2010

Al final era cierto...

     Well it's official. Steve Carell will leave The Office after this next season. It was of course inevitable (and sad), but I wish him all the luck in the world. He is quite possibly the nicest, hardest working man in America and it has been a joy working with him over the last six years. (And taking the piss out of him at every award show.)

     It was expected of me, as executive producer, to persuade him to stay on. With syndication in full swing the more successful the show remains, the more billions we all make. It was tempting, but the truth is, I believe he is doing the right thing. He's fulfilled his contract and more, and is a huge film star now. (I knocked it on the head after 12 episodes and a Christmas special.) I'd be lying if I said he should do more. He shouldn't. He should move on, continue to do great work, and buy a new house every time The Office is repeated somewhere. (That's what I do. Maybe I'll buy one next door to him one day. That'll fucking teach him.)

Good Luck Steve.

Del blog de Ricky Gervais, el creador de The Office


No hay comentarios:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...